Monday, March 8, 2010

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinsley with the deer. She wanted to touch one.

Me right before the race starts.


Kinsley and I before the race starts.


Chris and Kinsley trying to stay warm.




So I can check a goal off my list. Saturday I ran the Berry College half marathon. Eric (my brother) and Emily (sister-in-law) ran with me. We had tons of fun, I guess as much fun you can have running 13.1 miles in 28 degree weather. It was really cold at the start but ended up warming up to be a beautiful day for a long run. I am very happy I ran it in 2 hours and 19 minutes. Not super fast, but I did better then my goal. I am just happy that I ran the whole thing. Chris and Kinsley came for support. It was really nice to have them cheering me on at the finish line. So what is next.....Maybe a FULL Marathon??? We will have to see about that. :)



6 comments:

Hannah Ashmore said...

so proud of you! that is on my list before 30...not sure if i will make this one since i HATE running. seriously, way to go!!!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

YAY! We should've talked about this too last night! This is so AWESOME ... I just need to get to the 5K mark!! Congrats and HUGS!

The Sharp Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Anna said...

Wow girl! I'm impressed!

Whitney said...

Wow thats great! You did much better than me and I don't think I could run that much in the cold! Maybe next one you run I'll join you!

Mary Mitchell said...

Do a marathon! How awesome would that be to say you've done a marathon?! Congrats on the half - I can't even imagine walking 13 miles right now!