Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I want to run again.

I used to run all of the time. Before I got married I was in the best shape I have ever been in. Due to running. Now 6 years later..... Well lets just say I need to lose a few pounds. So I have been just a little frustrated lately. I have been trying to get back into shape. And nothing is happening. I decided I need to start running again. I want to feel that high again when you are running. I want to feel like I can run forever, like I used to. (Runners out there you know what I am talking about.) So this is the game plan. I need to run in races to help me stay motivated. I have a race scheduled every month starting with June. And the goal is to be able to do a half marathon by November. I am posting this on my blog because I don't want to back down from this. I seem to always find reasons why I need to not take care of me. I think when you get married and have children, women start putting everything ahead of themselves. "We don't want to be selfish." But you know what it is ok to want to do something for yourself. I have an awesome husband that supports me, so NO more excuses from me. The race I am running in June, is the Riverbend 10k. The races that I have done in the past have only been 3-5 miles. So 6.2 miles will be fun. Wish me luck..I can't wait...

2 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Awesome! Maybe once I get going again I could run one with you - I'm sure Jonathan and maybe Mathew would like to run too! We should all get together for a race :)

The Sharp Family said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! It is always great to find something you love again. Post updates to keep you going! Love ya!