Sunday, October 11, 2009
It was a stupid thing to say...
If you know me then you know how terrified I am of bugs. I am not just "oh there is a bug get it away". I am screaming, crying(yes I cry about every time one of those ugly things touch me), going into the fetal position until the nasty thing leaves. Some how Kinsley has adopted this same fear too. I really try around her to be brave. I have come a long way now, bc if a bug is on her I will get it off . Instead of running for my life and leaving Kinsley to defend herself. Lets just say we both have a fear of the nasty things with so many legs and eyes. So ask me why I told my daughter last night when she went to bed "Don't let the bed bugs bite." It just came out. I told her to have sweet dreams and then I said something terrible about bed bugs biting her. DUMB DUMB thing to do. Because five minutes later Kinsley was crying saying there were bugs in her bed. After an hour of her finally going to sleep. Oh and the only way she would go to sleep was to lay on her pillow and have none of her body touch her bed. It was a sad thing to see. I really felt bad. But I thought in the morning she will forget it all. I was wrong bc Chris woke up to her crying before 7 saying "Mommy there are bugs in my bed." So she went to church and told people that there are bugs in her bed too. (if you were at church and heard it, there are no bugs in her bed or our house bc if so I would never be able to sleep) So we are going to wash all of her sheets and blankets to get the bugs out. I hope this works. I will ALWAYS think before I say something to a 2 year old from now on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is hilarious!! Isn't that just a horrible thing to say? I have said it myself and then wondered why on earth somebody started such a horrible thing.
you need to get some "pretend" bug spray (maybe use body spray) and tell her you are spraying the bugs so they will all go away.
Cute blog. I am Chris's cousin. I just talked to him on the phone today, but I forgot to get his email. We hope to see you guys this summer.
Post a Comment