Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Something to work towards
Our family has a new goal this year. We have the Sharp family to thank. I was talking to Lisa a few days ago, and she told me that they are debt free. I am so happy for them. Wow Debt free! How great that would be. So we are going to do it. Our goal is work towards being debt free. Lisa told me that we worked for our money and now our money needs to start working for us.When I have the urge to buy I need to tell the "brat" inside no! I am super excited about this. I have no clue why, because I am now on a budget. Why should I be so excited about a budget? I think it is the challenge of the whole thing. So this is day one of the budget. Well technically day 3 of the budget. So far so good. I will keep y'all posted on how it goes. Hopefully soon I will be able to yell "freedom". (just like Richard and Lisa)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats on making the Huge step towards being debt free! Call me anytime you need a Pep Talk!! Love, Lisa
Hey I know that you guys have been gone for a while, but not long enough to forget my name! "Richard"? :) That is great that you guys are on board for this. I'll have to send you Dave's book. It's hard to believe that a book on how to get out of debt could be fun to read but it is a page turner and very inspirational. I'll put it in the mail for you guys. Good luck! Love, Richard, I mean Dan
hey congrats on your goal and good luck! i hate being on a budget but it defintiely tames the "i need it vs. i want it" mindset. cute site. got the link from lisa site. i'm a nosy blogger. hope your family's doing well. i know kinsley is spoiled rotten. she totally looks like her dad!
Way to go! We love budgeting - and being "debt free" minus Jonathan's school loans -but they are a must at the time being! Because we stick to our budget - we are able to do a lot more than if we spent it more on the wants at the moment! Good luck -- I'm sure you guys will do GREAT!
Post a Comment